Subject: Re: Does LW swap to disk?
From: [email-masked] (Brian Dady)
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 1994 23:18:30 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.packages.lightwave

[email-masked] (Eric Richard Elliott) writes:

>[email-masked] (Glenn M. Saunders) writes:

>>Peter Riish|j Brinkler ([email-masked]) wrote:
>>: Yes you can get LW to swap to disk providing you've 040 and a program called
>>: VMM (should be found on aminet ftp.luth.se pub/aminet/util/misc/VMM_V2.0a.lha).

>>I thought VMM will run on an 030 w/MMU as well.

>	Yes, VMM will run on either an 040 w/MMU or 030 w/MMU.  Also, the
>	current version on Aminet is 2.1.

>	Also...I could never get VMM to work on my PP&I 040-equipped 3000
>	until last week, when I replaced my 68040.library (version 37.4)
>	with version 37.30...now, it works great!

>	(I'm not sure on those version numbers...I know it was xx.4 and xx.30)

>	Hope this little info might help someone in the same situation I
>	was in...

>	-Eric

You have the version numbers correct on the 68040.library.  I went through the
same scenarion on my A2000 with PP&S Zeus040.  I was running VMM with 128Mb
virtual memory using ADPro.  I haven't tried it with lightwave yet, but it is
supposed to work.

I don't know if the same situation exists on the A3000, but in my A2000 I had
to replace PP&S's Init040 with set040 and addmem in order to use the 37.30
library.  Using Init040 in the default (no args) which is the same as using
all the flags, the 37.30 library caused my Amiga to lock up.  I couldn't even
access my main hard disk to remove the library and fix the problem.

-- 
A2000 / Zeus 68040 / 18M / 620M / Toaster 3.5
=============================================
Brian Dady  -  Video Magic              ///
Santa Clara, California                ///
Email:  [email-masked]           \\\///
====================================\XX/=====